The FM Radio Receiver Module was developed by SimplyTronics working collaboratively with Parallax.
It uses an RDA5807SS FM stereo radio tuner chip, which provides an easy way for your microcontroller to receive local FM radio stations. Using the onboard antenna and headphone jack, you can easily create your own portable radio!
- Onboard standard 3.5 mm TRS stereo headphone minijack provides easy audio output
- Supports the worldwide frequency band (76 to 108 MHz)
- No external antenna required
- 10-pin DIP package ready for breadboard or through-hole projects
- Easy I2C interface with virtually any microcontroller
- Portable radio
- Digital radio alarm clock
- Power requirements: 2.7 to 5.5 VDC @ 25 mA
- Communication: I2C
- Dimensions: 0.70 x 0.65 x 0.34 in (1.78 x 1.65 x 0.87 cm)
- Operating temp range: 32 to 121 °F (0 to 50 °C)
For documentation and sample code downloads for BASIC Stamp and Propeller microcontrollers please follow this link.